Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh No She Di'nt!

SPOILER ALERT:  I am at the beginning of Chapter 4 in Fifty Shades of Freed.

WHY is everyone so bitchy about Christian being so hot?  Jeez - I just told the girls (LOL probably the only ones who read this!) that - if I saw a ridiculously hot guy - and an ordinary girl who was being nice - I'd be even nicer to her because I'd be thinking "You GO girl!  Get DOWN with your bad self!"



Every time I read "Gaston" I see this --------------------------->
Even while he's driving the car.



The fucking fact that Christian is now inspecting Ana's red marks on her ankles and wrists - the red marks HE inflicted with the handcuffs - makes me deliciously giddy...because it's SO Edward.  Remember when Bella was black and blue after their night of non-sex sex?   Remembering that makes me giggle even more.  I keep telling my friends that this book series is a reward to every Twilight fan on the planet who sat up and said, "FUCKING FEATHERS?! THAT'S IT?!?"

Another reason I love E.L. James:

"My inner goddess looks up startled from her Jackie Collins."  

Could I have laughed any louder than I just did?  No, no I could not.

UGH.  This is the first time I've been annoyed with Ana in the whole series.  OK so Christian just finds out someone set fire to his server room...and he's in the office (on the yacht) on the phone.  She hangs out for an hour - only an hour - gets bored and decides to go shopping.  With Taylor.  ON THE JET SKI.  And she tells him she's going...but doesn't mention the jet ski.  Now - first off - I HIGHLY DOUBT that Taylor would OK this without getting direct confirmation from Christian.  Second - WHAT THE EFF is her problem?!  He's got a major CRISIS going on...and you can't effing HANG OUT ON THE YACHT for a while?!?  Seriously - if she needs this much attention, we're going to have problems down the road.

I know I shouldn't be bitching because SHE could very well be the one who is going to get kidnapped; not him...if my latest theory is correct.  In fact - the fire could be a way to distract Christian.  Who knows.  But seriously - she is being SO SELFISH.  He is going to flip when he finds out they went on the jet ski; and rightly so.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my....:) HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU WERE BLOGGING ABOUT THESE BOOKS??!!?? I guess it's cause my sister directed me to them about the same time you started blogging and I haven't come out of my little hideaway until now!!! You are cracking me up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (claps hands and jumps up and down) Hi Jaymie! I'm so glad you found the blog! We need more readers to come and discuss! Spread the word!! :)

      Delete
  2. ...and I was SO one of those that said "FUCKING FEATHERS?! THAT'S IT!" - had to go back a re-read cause I thought I missed something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I literally checked my book and said to my husbad "Oh my god - I think I'm missing pages!!!" LOL!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for calling us the 'girls' and not the crazy stalker chicks who won't stop emailing you.

    I can't believe how fast you are reading these books! Just a couple of weeks ago, I was talking with one of the girls and we were reminiscing about how you used to read and blog. *Sigh* So, yay! We're so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me - Jenn M and Jenn D keep saying they're happy I'm over Jamie Fraser. ROFLMAO. Bottom line - if I'm enjoying a series - I'll fly through it.

      And that's all I've got to say about that. :)

      Delete
    2. Carol, I don't believe for a second you're over Jamie Fraser. You're just buying your time 'till MOBY comes out. James Fraser is the "yard stick of men". I don't care how big Christian Grey's yard stick is (or what he does with it) he is no James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser!

      Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back to those handcuffs!

      Delete
  4. Seriously Carol - My sister and I were just discussing how AWESOME it would be to see you blog this series - I just tweeted Tracey to ask and then minutes later went to your blog and saw it! It's like the best present EVER!!! My inner goddess is jumping up and down and doing backflips! I'm sending all my friends here that I've got reading these books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I just noticed a typo in your Spoiler Warning. Fifty Shades Freed.

    Hey Jaymie! Yay, we need more people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Gosh, it disturbs me to see you, Gaston..." LOL

    Yay - we have another crazy stalker chic, er, fellow reader! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, I feel like I know you personally because I've followed your Outlander blog for ages and many of the other blogs as well. I'm just not a big commenter, but I sit and giggle at all your posts! I think I squealed with delight when I stumbled upon this Fifty blog. Oh Joy!

    "...because it SO Edward." True, so true. And one of the reasons I love him so much - and that scene was ESPECIALLY Edwardian. :)

    My Inner Goddess (I happen to love the inner goddess/subconscious elements) and I are going to go read for awhile because I'm only a few chapters ahead of you ... I've been trying to savor this one a little bit because it has been so dern fun to read!

    Keep reading, I'm so looking forward to your further commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the goddess/subconscious parts - sometimes her inner goddess is reading the collected works of Charles Dickens - I love the way this author's mind works!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found your blog, am on chap 6 of book 3 and quickly caught up on your book summaries. laughing my ass off!!

    ReplyDelete