Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Careful What You Google!!!

I had an incident that left me very shaken this morning.  Instead of retyping it here, I'm just going to share with you an email I just sent to one of my friends (give or take a sentence here or there), describing the aforementioned incident.

I look forward to your comments with great eagerness.

OMG what a story.  I write book review blogs and have recently been reading a book that dabbles in S&M.  (It's on the NYTimes Best Seller list, I swear!)  Of course I HAD to google "butt plugs" last night...because they were mentioned in the book...and damnit, I had to see one!  Tom and I had a dandy time perusing the offerings.  The best part of the story is that I met a neighbor for coffee this AM as we are involved in a business together and had things to discuss.  Let me mention that he is extremely conservative.  So...I whip out my iPad and open these photos on Picasa for him to look at while I'm ordering my coffee.  While I'm ordering said coffee, he tries to stop the slideshow from going so fast, inadvertently opens another window...and wouldn't you know it?  My Google search history opens...with "Butt Plugs" being number one on the list. I saw it all happening in super slowmo from the front counter and could do nothing to stop it.  (insert person running in slomo with extremely lo slomo voice screaming "noooooooo").  Let me just tell you...it was not fun talking my way out of THAT!!!!!  ROFLMAO!!! I'm still shaking!! 

13 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I believe you when you say you are still shaking. Perhaps he will have new suggestions to add to your business ventures?

    Incidently, was Tom out "shopping" while you were having your business meeting? Just kidding!

    Laura ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of our husbands are avid shoppers, Laura. ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL He was working but...I dunno...after this book, I may want him to! ;)

      Delete
  2. OH EMM GEEEE! Tears falling down my face right now! So one question, are you guys still involved in a business together??!!?? Okay maybe more than one, is he interested in expanding your partnership now?

    I can't believe how educational these books have been for me, reading is one thing though!! My sister was telling me she was at Winners the other day perusing the kitchen stock and saw these little silver balls....turns out they were caps for salt and pepper shakers but took her awhile!! Definately puts everything in a whole new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL OMG I just had a vision of C and A using salt and peper shaker caps. ROFLMAO

      Delete
  3. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Carol, I am in TEARS!

    LOL Jaymie re: the silver balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great story, glad it was you and not me. Thanks for taking one for the team!

      Delete
    2. LOL Seriously. ONLY ME!!!!!

      Delete
  4. OMG Carol!!! That is so funny and not so funny, all at the same time! A few weeks ago, one of my online book friends asked me what BDSM stood for so, being the helpful person that I am, I googled it on my phone and gave her the definition. Then my husband used my phone one day to search and up popped BDSM right away. Thank goodness I had already told him what I was reading but he still gave me a look like, "What the heck has happened to my wife?" and not in a good way.

    I have another story that I will save for email or chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Hildy!!! I said that to Tom! I was like "thank GOD I not only TOLD you but you were sitting right NEXT to me when I googled them!!!!"

      Delete
  5. Carol, I read this blog entry to my husband on the way to work this morning. He was DYING laughing!! Then I got a lecture about clearing my History. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband bought some of the silver balls that are used in the book and they are pretty amazing. If you are looking for some I would recommend these as they are surgical stainless steel and easy to clean. Check out the link below to see the listing on Amazon.

    http://amzn.to/KUc79w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Brian - I love that they come with the cool little bag, too! So discreet! :)

      Delete