Monday, February 27, 2012

YOU GO, GIRL!

Spoiler Alert - don't read unless you've read up until Chapter Fourteen in Fifty Shades of Grey. 

OH MY GOD!  SHOUTY CAPITALS INDEED!  I have been screaming "You GO girl!" at various pages in chapter 13.  I am so proud of Ana right now!  She got up and left!  Christian was all hot and bothered and she LEFT!  I don't know that I would have been able to do that...even though I was feeling what she was feeling the entire time. 

This book makes you struggle with your own psyche.  I've been wondering "Wow...I think I would say "no" to this stupid contract.  Does that make me a prude?"  But NO!  It does NOT make me a prude!  It means I have INTEGRITY and have no desire to answer to a man - any man.  It has nothing to do with sex!  NOTHING!  

If this fool would just wake up and realize he could have a normal, loving relationship and could also have some serious kink along with it...things would be great.  WHY is he putting her through this? 

"I don't know any other way, Anastasia.  This is who I am." 

I kept thinking "well this is who SHE is.  Compromise!  And damn if girlfriend didn't utter those exact words at the end of the chapter. 

"I am not a merger.  I am not an acquisition."  

HOLY CRAP.  That is one of the greatest lines I've EVER read!  I love it so much, I made it my Facebook status. 

And the dumbass drove the point HOME when he gave her a hard time about her car.  He made it wickedly easy for her to walk away.  Granted - she has no idea what she's going to do...but she knows it's not going to be his way or the highway...and I can live with that. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I misjudged where you were in the book, and I accidentally posted a spoiler for about a minute and a half.

    I will be more careful from now on, I promise. :-)

    ReplyDelete