Monday, February 27, 2012

Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right

SPOILER ALERT:  Don't read unless you've hit page 146 in Fifty Shades of Fucked Up Grey


You know what's pissing me off?  Christian's mother's friend totally fucked him up in the head about relationships...

So WHY does he want to take sweet, innocent Anastasia and fuck her up as well?!?  That is something I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around.  He obviously cares for her.  At some point, doesn't he stop and say "I can't do this to this girl".

And sure - you can say "well he doesn't think his lifestyle is fucked up".  But deep down, I think he does.  Don't get me wrong...a little hot wax never hurt anyone.  :)  But to want someone to be your slave for three days out of the week - in or out of the bedroom?  That's fucked up.

OK I'll shut up now.  Major reading today.  Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. ITA! The only thing I'll say in his defense is that he really doesn't know any other way. He has had 15 relationships that have all been the same and no one has ever questioned him before. He has never had a normal relationship. Ever.

    I really love how much she struggles with this and I'm glad that she's trying to stay true to herself even though she's never been in a relationship before. She must be so confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point, Hildy..and I think that's what's confusing/bothering me. He knows she's a good girl and he seems to care for her, no matter how much he likes to pretend he doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll find out that what I'm mistaking for caring is just his massive desire to have a new toy the way my 7 year old wants the latest Mario Bros cartridge for his Nintendo DS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LORD, dinna get me started on Mrs. Robinson....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Maybe I'll find out that what I'm mistaking for caring is just his massive desire to have a new toy the way my 7 year old wants the latest Mario Bros cartridge for his Nintendo DS."

    I kept thinking the same thing. C has a new toy. C will play with new toy. C will get bored of new toy. C will find a new, new toy. And how will A cope with being chucked ?

    Laura ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to understand what it is exactly Christian finds so irresistable in Ana....I'm not even clear what she looks like exactly. What color is her hair - other than it's dark, I mean, what color are her eyes? What is her figure like - I just can't get a clear picture of this girl. Also, is it me, or do you think Christian bears a resemblance to Edward (copper messy hair?)Doesn't like her old beat up car. Shades of Stephenie Meyer anyone? Maybe I've missed something along the way.

    ReplyDelete