Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Theories

SPOILER ALERT:  I have six pages left in Fifty Shades of Grey. 

Six pages.  That's all.  He just belted her - and I am mad.  And so is she.  And before I finish, I MUST type out my theories of what's going to happen from here.

1 - Soft theory: He owns the company she's going to be working for.  Or worse yet...Elena (gag) does.  (No offense to all your Elena's out there...but that name has solicited annoyance from me ever since about episode 1 of Vampire Diaries.  "Stefannnnn".  God, that woman can whine.)

2 - Hard theory: Christian is going to jail.  When Ana got back from Georgia, she walked in and he was saying "No trace".  So of course I think "Uh ohhhh...what has Mr. Perfect's company done that's not so perfect?"

I have to admit - I compare to Twilight.  And Outlander.  And The Bronze Horseman.  Why?  Because each of their authors used a basic, simple formula.  Boy meets girl.  Boy loves girl.  Boy leaves girl.  Boy comes back to girl.

So.  That's where I am.  That's what's in my brain.  I must go finish because a) I'm dyin' ovah heah...and b) it's almost midnight on a Wednesday and 6:30 AM comes awfully fast.

Wish me luck!  I'll see you tomorrow for Round 2!!!

PS - Tied to the bed in the RRofP with the flogger and the iPod?  Holy HELL that was erotic!

4 comments:

  1. iPod RRofP tied to bed sex takes the cake for scenes in the first book!


    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol
    I finally got round to reading "50 shades" :-).
    Still thinking it over how I feel, and of course I'll have to read the next 2 books to fully appreciate it :-)
    I just listened to "Spem in alium" (the ipod tune) -wow- is all I can say.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am emotionally wrapped up in these two A and C--I am reeling and want so badly to sit down and have a glass of wine/chat with both of them!!!! However, i might struggle to not totally bust out laughing every now and then...really enjoying your blog. On to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, as usual you crack me up. LOVE that you titled your theories 'soft' and 'hard'! Those words will never be the same again. And YES, hello to the tie-your-ass-to-the-bed-while-listening-to-music-so-you-can't-hear-anything-else sex! and hear I thought Diana Gabaldon's books were racey! Jamie's got no kink compared to Christian. But I still love Jamie more :)

    ReplyDelete