Monday, February 27, 2012

Fifty Shades of Hilarious

SPOILER ALERT:  I am on chapter 14 in Fifty Shades of Grey. 

I am never going to finish this book.  Why?  Because I spend half my time laughing my ass off at things she says and feeling this incessant need to blog.  I swear to god, this is one of THE funniest books I have ever read.  What a sense of humor!!  And she's so self-deprecating; I feel like I'm listening to myself.  I feel like I have a twin and I'm reading her diary.  It's all new...but it's not...because we're on the same wavelength.

Let me share with you some of the little tidbits that have made me laugh my ass off (in the school parking lot of all places):

"Yes, the Beetle used to belong to his mother."
"Yes, and probably her mother and her mother before her."

"Poor, fucked-up, kinky, philanthropic Christian"

"I didn't know I could dream sex.  Was it something I ate?"

"Wow.  Control freakery gone mad."

"Christian Grey just sent me a winking smiley...Oh my."

"My inner goddess is doing the merengue with some salsa moves."

Just hilarious.  I have to go read more while I have a few minutes.  DAMN where is a deserted island (and an Adirondack chair and a frozen margarita and some chips) when I need one!!!!

10 comments:

  1. I've got one!! Wait. Why do I feel like you're blogging just for me? ;)

    Chapter 12: " I don't remember reading about nipple clamps in the Bible. Perhaps you were taught from a modern translation."

    Oh, and there is another that I didn't highlight but I remember. Something like this:

    "Butt Plugs. Do they do what they say on the tin?"

    Seriously. Ana is one of my favourite female characters. I really love her. Fifty is a given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How am I just seeing this now? Absolutely hysterical. I look forward to E.L. James' next book.

      Delete
  2. I did SOOOO much highlighting with these books! It quickly became my favorite ereader feature. I'll have to go back and find some of my favorite quotes...

    Aren't Ana's inner monologue lines the best?!

    I will finish Mockingjay before chat. Then I'll move to Fiftyland with the rest of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw "SHOUTY CAP BUDS" up in the corner. Carol, that pretty much sums up your awesomeness! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks but honestly - you guys are great for not laughing at me to my face whenI was throwing around the term "SHOUTY CAPS" before even knowing what it meant! LOL

      Delete
  4. Too bad I can't get 50 Shades from my library. You might want to check out Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks. Warning: it's X-rated, but holy cow, so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Terry. I'm finished with Fifty and am now desperate for more. ;)

      Delete
  5. Having finished the series, I am going through fifty shades of withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I don't know who you are...but I am WITH YA, SISTER! (Or is that Brother?) :)

      Delete
  6. OMG This was one of my favorite quotes in the first book!! *Chapter 12: " I don't remember reading about nipple clamps in the Bible. Perhaps you were taught from a modern translation."* I could hardly stop laughing. I am about to finish reading the first book again for the 5th time. I can't stop due to serious withdrawal symptoms :)I really need a fifty support group.

    ReplyDelete